Khusangerpara Mohaboudhi Seba Complex & Orphanage is a charitable organization directly administered by Ven Jinananda Mahathera & his Team. The children are orphans or have parents unable to provide for them. Most of the children in the homes are different ages, since they are more likely to be subjected to abuse and deprivation in Southern Chittagong.
There are more than 33 million people in Bangladesh who live below the poverty line. They can be seen on streets all over the capital city; tired, hungry and, more often than not, exploited. Often, these little boys and girls become involved in dangerous and corrupt professions, forced to do whatever it takes to put food in their bellies.
Khusangerpara Mohaboudhi Seba Complex & Orphanage is a grassroots organization supporting what its founder, Ven Jinananda Mahathera has committed his life to doing: rescuing distress children from deplorable living conditions and giving them a chance to grow up with an education and health care. Along with these basic rights, the children experience a happier childhood, a safer environment, three meals a day, a bed to sleep in, and suitable clothing. Such ordinary expectations for children, but not so ordinary in the lives of many Bangladeshi children.
Our goal is to improve the lives of those in need. Because children and youth are the hope of the future, we believe in investing in them by providing education, training and leadership. As we supply instruction in values, morals and practical solutions, we will enhance the quality of their lives and give them the tools they need to succeed.
It will be the home that provides disadvantaged children with proper nurture, nutrition, shelter, clothing, medical care, and education. This Orphanage is open to children from all communities, faiths, and cultures.
- Every child is a child from Heaven and, as such, is just as important as any other person.
- No institution can replace a loving family, although they sometimes must try.
- Every child needs food, shelter, education and secure loving relationships. If a child’s family or community cannot or will not provide for those needs, it becomes the responsibility of good people everywhere to try and provide them.
- Every child deserves to receive and give love & Compassion and in fact must do so to develop normally.
- Give a healthy, secure and vibrant spiritual life which is vital for the child
- A strong academic program is our top priority
- Like any family, we will do a plethora of extra-curricular activities to encourage healthy behavior and emotional stability
- Gaining a cultural awareness by living and working
- Helping a child in need of a safe and structured environment that promotes healing
- Obtaining a land to increase numbers of building for projects.
- Providing some IT based training program.
- Near future includes a more sustainable water supply, dormitories for the children and an infirmary/clinic.